Saturday, March 23, 2013

Re-Entry

I had a great night's sleep, perhaps due to the mighty effort I put into finishing my bottle of Old Crow bourbon -- I ended up leaving some, but not much. Had to empty a glass or so of a bottle of merlot down the drain. Bob didn't sleep well at all -- he's always restless before a travel day and this was no exception.

We jumped out of bed at 4:30 and were on the road a few minutes after 5:00 a.m. Hardly anyone was on the road at that hour of the morning, and we made good time to TPA. No problem with Exit 39 and car rental return was uneventful.

One teenage boy and I were the only passengers wearing shorts on this chilly morning. We arrived at MSP right on time and walked in the door shortly after 11. Still lots of snow but it is melting on this sunny day.

It's good to be home!