Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fort De Soto Park

Fort De Soto Park is always one of my favorite junkets when we're in St. Pete Beach. The day was cloudy and a little cold, so there weren't many visitors in this high capacity recreation area.

The fishing pier is always fun and my only regret was that I was too far from several families of dolphins to get a good picture. I did see two pairs of osprey, and was close enough to get a couple of shots.


Good fishing at the boat ramp for this osprey and mate
We drove in the rain to Caddy's on the Beach for an early meal before heading home to pack. Bob said the fish and chips meal was excellent. I enjoyed my grilled shrimp but couldn't believe that it was served with canned vegetables. I did have the "perfect margarita" I'd been afraid of earlier in the week: quite ordinary, except for the pricey brand name tequila and triple sec.