Friday, March 22, 2013

Revisiting Tradewinds

Beach at Tradewinds - only a few spring breakers
Thursday afternoon we walked over to Tradewinds, where we spent our first St. Pete Beach vacation two years ago.

The wind was blowing so hard that watercraft and parasailing equipment were being pulled out of the water. No one was in the water, though the waves looked inviting. I took my sandals off and the sand felt cool on my feet, not unbearably hot, as I had half expected.

The buffet looked good but cold and wind made outdoor eating impractical
We had a drink in the bar area (expensive: $16 for a Corona and a margarita) and I was happy to have my jacket because it was COLD! People watching was pretty good; wondered how the concrete repair convention attendees could be drinking in the middle of the afternoon -- those full of booze drinks like Long Island Iced Tea.

We were happy to have our little condo waiting for us when we headed back across the street.